HOME STAY UNITS, BUNGALOWS AND RENTED HOUSES AND RENTED APARTMENTS
To supplement the demand for accommodation at various tourist destinations in the island with the target of increasing the number of rooms required for upcoming Tourism, Sri Lanka Tourism has launched the promotional programme for Home-Stays, Bungalows and Rented Houses/ Rented Apartments.
Although, Sri Lanka Tourism has already recognized several categories of establishments such as tourist hotels, guest houses, boutique villas, Ayurvedic hotels, apartment hotels, eco lodges, camp sites, which are ready to receive tourists, this programme provides a different approach with the aim of offering a memorable experience to the tourist highlighting the ‘authenticity’ of our own tourism product. The tourist, therefore, will receive clean, comfortable and affordable accommodation befitting their flavours and tastes and also their tour expectations in the following three (3) sub-categories recognized under this scheme.
- Home Stay Units
- Rented Houses / Rented Apartments
- Accreditation for the Home Stay, Bungalow and Rented Houses / Rented Apartment category.
- Broaden the stakeholders’ base in tourism.
- Expand tourism related activities to rural and interior areas.
- To support the demand for supplementary accommodation in urban areas.
- Provide employment and economic benefits to local community.
- Sustainable and responsible development of Eco and rural tourism.
- Recognition as an authorized tourist establishment registered under National Tourist Organization (Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority) in the country.
- Free marketing facility through the web site www.srilankanhomestay.com
- Listing in the official web sites of Sri Lanka Tourism www.srilanka.travel , www.sltda.gov.lk .
- Listing in the accommodation guide published by Sri Lanka Tourism.
- The brochures and advertisements will be released free of charge periodically.
- Eligibility to display the Home Stay logo as a registered establishment.
- Ability to attend the training sessions organized on house keeping, on-line marketing, kitchen hygiene, storage of food, garbage disposal, preparation of authentic cuisine, emergencies etc. organized by the Sri Lanka Tourism.
- Financial assistance under the special loan scheme given by the Regional Development Bank (RDB).
For further information/registration For more details
Ms. Bhagya Mahavithanage Please visit : http://www.sltda.lk/home_stay_project
Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority
+94 11 2437954